Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Once again, it's been a while! My apologies!

Hello my fellow readers!  Sorry it's been a little while since I last blogged but of course i'm still busy!  It's been a very overwhelming month full of school, family, and friends.  This past week my Uncle Craig passed away.  It's been a very sad time for our family but we are learning to cope.  His death wasn't quite a tragedy but what happened to him was.  At the end of February, my Uncle suffered a severe stroke at the age of 53.  We weren't quite sure what was going to happen or if he'd ever recover.  For about a month, not much had changed.  He couldn't talk or move and could barely communicate.  As you can imagine, it was somewhat of a blessing to know that my Uncle had returned to our Heavenly Father and was no longer suffering or in any pain.   I would love to write more about my Uncle and how truly amazing he was but right now, i'd just rather talk about happier stuff.  I think all of you understand!
Ok happier stuff!  Lets see... this year I decided to go to the Festival of Colors and it was so much fun! I ended up going with my bestie, Makaylen.  We haven't hung out with each other in forever so it was so great to just get together!  We had such a fun time! Well, I did and I think she did! I can't quite talk for her :)  It was my first time going to the Festival and I think I will go next year! If not Jordan is definitely going with me when he gets home :)  I think one of the best parts was driving in the traffic to and from the Festival!  On our way down there was this freaky kid with a mask on that kept passing us and Kk and I couldn't stop laughing! Not only that, but two guys drove by holding a McDonalds bag   outside their windows with Call me on it and their # so that was pretty hysterical, but that's not even the best part!  On our way home we were literally in stop and go traffic for about 2 hours!  No Joke.  We were stop and go to where people were getting out of their cars!  This is where the funny part of the story comes in!  These boys were running up and down the freeway getting pictures with people and dancing and just having a good time with the stopped traffic!  Well, one of them runs up to my passenger door and asks Makaylen for a kiss  because it's for a contest!  Her being so spontaneous, says why not! So they kiss!! Well they were a car in front of us so he runs off and comes back with his number and kisses her 3 more times during our traffic party!   It was pretty much the best and now I think they are going to fall in love <3  :)  I think it's one of those had to be there moments but I just had to share because it was so funny to watch! They were quite the entertainment! 
Then, I have did 3 weeks of field work for school and observed and taught in the classroom and I have to say I LOVE IT!  I'm so glad I picked the major I did.  I loved the kids so much and my cooperating teacher was so great! I hope that I become a teacher like her!  She's so fun, loving, and chill!  Plus she has great classroom management!  These kids were so cute!  They were 4th graders and I was able to teach them about the trappers and mountain men of Utah History :)  Now... I know you aren't supposed to have your favorites, but I did!  Some of them were just so sweet!  And others... well there was one kid who on the last day said he wanted to marry me and loved me!  Jordan has some competition! hahahaha Just Kidding!  It was hilarious though!  He kept making conversation like this:

Student: "Miss Greenwall, I love you and want to marry you!" 
 Me-  Sorry but I already have a boyfriend! 
S- I'm your boyfriend!
M-No my boyfriend is much bigger than you! He's about this big and this tall!
S- Well then I'll beat him up!

haha it was hilarious and then not to mention as he gave me a hug goodbye on the last day he said he'd see me on the honeymoon! AWKWARD! But hilarious :) So all around it was so much fun to be in the classroom and gaining that experience!
Speaking of my real missionary boyfriend!  Jordan is doing quite well! I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned this but he's in A TONGAN WARD! A TONGAN WARD in Alaska! Imagine that :) He's now Elder Hensioni :)  He is loving every minute of it and i'm pretty sure he'll have a hard time when he has to go back to a Palangi (white) ward! It's also starting to get light and warm :)  All of the snow they have had is starting to run off and be a bunch of mucky slush!  OH! and... he's been out 4 months! Hooray!  Ok, I know that's only like 20 % of the way through... but at least we're headed in the right direction!  I actually sent him off his Easter package today which had a paper mache egg that I made in it :)  So I hope he likes it!  Soon i'll have to be sending off his 6 month package! Can't wait for that milestone! woot woot!
Welp! I'm pretty sure that sums up what i've been doing the past month!  I can't wait for summer! Warmth, flip flops, work (which means money!) and hopefully staying busy! For now, I can only dream of summer! So that sends me off to my beddy!  Until next time... Alu a e (I think that's goodbye in tongan?!)




One of my best friends for life! Known each other since we were 4&5! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment