Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm kinda all over the place with this post....

As we slowly move into the month of October, I realize how much limited time I have left with Jordan.  A lot of people would say that I have quite a bit of time left with him, but reality keeps hitting and I see how short a month really can be.  Last week Jordan went and bought most of his stuff that he will need  for his mission.  Not only that, but he went through the temple last Thursday!  This is when it really started to hit me, soon all i'll have of Jordan will be pictures and his letters and an occasional conversation twice a year.  I get nervous a lot, but I have to stay optimistic! Those letters will be the best letters I'll ever read, I get to have a missionary! And if a month can go by quick, then so can two years!
Jordan is seriously so amazing and I am so proud of him for serving the Lord for 2 years.  That is not an easy task and i'm sure it will be more difficult for him than for me, but I know that he can do it.  He is strong willed and just the best guy I could ask for.  He makes me happy!
Now that I got that off my chest, I can talk about why i'm so excited for this weekend! So this weekend is fall break for USU and most of the other schools! So Jordan and I are going to go on a double with Conner & Shelby to a corn maze :) We're getting into the holiday spirit! I'm so excited! and then, on Saturday we are going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.

 Throughout out our whole (almost) two years, Jordan and I have yet to go to the temple together! what is wrong with us! :) So we are going to go now! and even better... Jordan will be the one to baptize me. It couldn't get much better than that :)
I'm so happy that we are able to do this together and share the blessings of the temple.  I'm so grateful that I have this man who is worthy and will take me to the temple and share those experiences with me.  I'm grateful for the church and the temple.  I know that it will be a huge benefit to me while Jordan is gone.  I'll be able to go there and feel peace and happiness when i'm struggling. All in all, I'm so excited for this weekend and am getting anxious to let Jordan go.  But I know that through those two years we will both grow so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment