Thursday, December 27, 2012

I'm not too great at being consistent!

Well... I've decided that I kind of suck at this blogging thing, seeing I haven't posted anything since September!  I do know that I have at least one follower out there who reads. I promised I would finally write something during the break! So here it is....
Life has been pretty great lately!  I just finished my second semester of the ELED program at UVU and am now an official Senior! Woot woot!  I'll be graduating in the Fall and am so excited to get to that point.  There is finally a light at the tunnel in all things.  In school and in Waiting for a missionary.  That's right... I can see the light!  Jordan finally hit his year mark and it's downhill now!  More on that later!
Ever since September, I have been working at Scheels, which I love!  At times working and going to school has been quite stressful, but like everything else, it worked out.  Assignments were completed, work was attended, etc, etc.  Isn't it amazing?  There are so many times where you just feel so overloaded with stress and life, but in the end it always works out.  That's one of the things I love about life!  I ended up having a 4.0 this semester which made me feel very happy! So now overall I have a 3.98 G.P.A! Yup... I am that smart! Just in case you didn't know ;)  Life has been so relaxing ever since this much needed Christmas break.  I am really dreading going back to school, but I just have to remember that I only have 2 semesters left! I can do it!!
Christmas this year was amazing as usual.  The best part of Christmas is that it was my last one without Jordan! EEK!  How exciting is that?! That's the best thing about being over the year mark.... now i'm on all of my lasts! Last Christmas, last New Years Eve... Etc!  Starting New Years Eve, I can officially say Jordan will be home this year! Hooray! I try not to get too personal on my blog because... this is my life and I dont' want it to be exactly an open book to anyone and everyone, but  You know... I never thought I could go 2 years without seeing someone I love so much.  This past year has definitely not been easy, but I've realized that I have personally grown in a way that I don't think I could have if Jordan wouldn't have left.  I have learned things about myself and just feel that much stronger as an individual.   Not only that, but I have seen a lot of growth in Jordan.  He is such an amazing missionary and I am so proud of him for what he's doing.  Every letter/email I read, I just love him more and more.  Not only have Jordan and I grown as individuals, but we've grown as a couple.  It's amazing how much we've grown for being so far away from each other.  I'm definitely grateful for this time in our lives because we're changing together and apart, both in good ways. To end that sappy but truthful note, I TALKED TO HIM YESTERDAY :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It was so great being able to talk to him again! SKype is one of the best inventions for anyone who has a missionary out! It just makes it that much better to be able to see their face and have a real conversation!  He is doing so well and dAAAANG he looks good :) He honestly just makes me so happy! I love it!  He's been in North Pole, AK.  hahaha yup you heard me right! He was in the North Pole for Christmas :)  Not a lot of missionaries can say that :)  So Christmas was fantastic as always and that much better being able to talk to JOrdan.  Now only 5 more months til we can Skype again and that will be our last mission skype ever! Say what?!!
On Christmas Eve, my family had a gingerbread decorating contest and.... of course I made Jordan. hahaha I'm not that creative and didn't know what else to do with it, so I took what was on my mind and created a Gingerbread Missionary Jordan :) hahaha NERD/CRAZY! I know!  So this was the end result.
The funny thing is, I made the gingerbread man and then just last night found this picture... I have to say I Nailed it!  ;) Looks just like him.... :D  hahaha
Well that's pretty much what's been going on in my life!  Had an amazing Christmas and 2012 year.  I become more and more grateful for the people I have in my life.  I truly am blessed.  I couldn't ask for two better families to be apart of and I love each of them very much!
I hope that I will be a bit more consistent in my blogging :) Thanks to everyone who cares about my life and actually reads this.... :) Sorry I talk a lot about a certain someone but... he's an important part of my life :)  So thanks for dealing with it and reading! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
Oh, P.S Went and saw Les Mis tonight... it turned out being a lot better than I had thought! Shelby and I didn't cry, I probably could have. Instead.... I just laughed at the girl in the theater that I could hear sobbing.  Nope she was not even close to me... and I could hear her sad sad sobs and...... I laughed. Rude? Nah :)

2 comments:

  1. I always read Shanaynay! And, BTW, I LOVE the Gingerbread Jordan! He's very cute! We only officially have 1 more semester of classes, and then student teaching! YAY! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's in Alaska?! Wow, I had no idea. We have some things in common. Cute picture of you and him skyping :)

    ReplyDelete