Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's been a while!

Sorry to all of those who read my blog, I have been so super busy and have had no time to write! But finally with the long weekend, I get to relax! I haven't written in so long....I don't even know where to begin on what's been happening in the life of Shaylyn!
I guess I will start with why I haven't had time to blog, one word, SCHOOL! School has pretty much taken over my life right now! I feel like if i'm not at school i'm doing homework and if i'm not doing homework i'm trying to figure presentations out and blah blah blah! I am loving it though, it's just.... a handful! I have met so many nice people from school and it's been very fun! I like to brag to my friends about my classes :) For example, one day I got to make my own land with all sorts of land forms made out of play-doh! I sent a picture to all of my friends and they were quite jealous and were wondering why they didn't choose to major in Elementary Education :)  Their loss... except they'll live in their mansions and i'll be in my little box ;)

Lets see... what next?! Jordan :) So for valentines day, I wasn't quite sure what I should send him! But well in class I learned how to make a pop-up book and after that I knew exactly what I was going to do! So for Valentines Day, I sent Jordan a short book on our relationship, it wasn't much but I thought he'd like it :) Here's a page or two of the book I made :) I also sent a bunch of toys that Conner, Shelby, and I won at NickelCade. (for those of you who don't know Conner & Shelby are our great friends and double date buddies. Conner should be getting his call this next week!) 
The TV Pops Up :) 



This is the heart necklace I got from nicklecade! I sent Jordan the other half :) 


On Valentines Day I spent time at school and with my family! Here is another great reason why I love my major, we traded Valentines! Yup! Be JEALOUS! Then I frosted cookies with my wonderful Mother and then eat a delicious dinner and watched Valentines day :) 
Then, my Valentines Day from Jordan was a day late but I must say it was one of the best days ever :) I got my very first package from Jordan and he did a really good job :) He got me a nice and warm snuggly hoodie from Alaska! I love it so much :) But that wasn't even the best part of my package! He wrote me the most wonderful poem, just for me ;) I would like to keep most of it personal, but i'll share a line or two, just because I have to share how wonderful my boyfriend is :)

If I had a hundred years to write a million pages or two,
It wouldn't come close to covering all that I love about you.
So babe, when times get rough, please put on a smile
and remember we're only apart for just a little while. 

Now can you all tell why i'm so in love with this boy?! He is my missionary valentine :) I would share more of my poem... but I just want to keep it all to myself :) I hope you all can understand! I can't wait to see what he thought about my present, I already know he topped my present! So I hope he loves his present as much as I love his! I'm almost 3 months down! Slowly but surely we are making it there :) Jordan is doing really well on his mission and has definitely had some crazy stories already! I'm almost 3 months down! Hooray! 
Ok, what else?????
Yesterday was my sisters birthday! I love her so much :) It was great fun! I got on my creative side and tried to make her a Mickey cake! I think it turned out alright, i'm definitely not a pastry artist, but it was my first time working with fondant and everything! Thank goodness for Cake Boss! 
Well... that's pretty much been it! I'll try to stay up to date on all the wonderful things happening in my life :) 

1 comment: